Organizers are working with the USDA to ensure that, in the event of extreme weather, all horses in the post-arrival quarantine facilities will be stabled in Barn 5, not in the tent extension.
Three different electrical suppliers are on hand and have numerous generators on-site. There are also two high-volume wells on the property, both of which are attached to the emergency generators and which supply drinkable water.
In the event of severe weather that will impact TIEC, the contingency plan will include:
• Accommodating all horses on-venue in permanent barns
• Moving grooms accommodated on-site to permanent buildings on-venue
• Advising on secure sheltering locations for all personnel
• Continuing discussions with airports and Emirates airline (through Peden Bloodstock/Dutta Corporation) on any necessary steps regarding horse arrivals/departures.
• Ensuring smaller tents in vendor area are tie-strapped together for security (large tents are designed to withstand winds of up to 90mph)
• Carrying out additional drainage/water channeling
• Purchasing additional fuel tanks and fill all fuel tanks
• Preparing to remove fence scrim already installed
• Taking down flags
Ze zijn er dus wel klaar voor