Need some help from the Netherlands! (Winterswijk)

Moderators: C_arola, Nicole288, Coby, Dyonne

Toevoegen aan eigen berichten

Jumper_SoCal

Need some help from the Netherlands! (Winterswijk)

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter : 04-02-11 21:30

I need some help getting video of a colt located in Winterswijk. I'm in the USA currently and would like to see video of this guy! Can anyone help? 8-)

Cayenne
Crazy Bird Lady en onze Berichtenkampioen!

Re: Need some help from the Netherlands!

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 04-02-11 21:31

Maybe we can help, but with what do you exactly need help?
Do you already have contact with the sellers?

Jumper_SoCal

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter : 04-02-11 21:33

Cayenne schreef:
Maybe we can help, but with what do you exactly need help?
Do you already have contact with the sellers?

I would like video of the colt, preferably free jumping video (if possible). Yes I've been in contact with the breeder for some time but she just had a baby and can't make the video for me.

easygoing

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 04-02-11 21:34

so you need one of us to make that video?

LadyMadonna

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 04-02-11 21:35

So you need someone to go to Winterswijk and film the colt for you?

The seller just had a baby, ok, fair... but she can't find anyone else to do this for her? Strange......

cissy

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 04-02-11 21:37

doesn't she have friends who can make the video for her, I assume that she has someone to take care of the horse while she was pregnant and after delivering the baby? Or is it a young horse that does not need as much care as an adult horse?

Jumper_SoCal

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter : 04-02-11 21:38

stef schreef:

The seller just had a baby, ok, fair... but she can't find anyone else to do this for her? Strange......

Yes that would be awesome if someone was close by and could take some video.

She is not at the same location as the colt, the colt is at a rearing farm but the owner there can help take him out for filming.

Jumper_SoCal

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter : 04-02-11 21:39

Yes its a colt turning 2 this May so I believe he is out to pasture.

LadyMadonna

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 04-02-11 21:40

Ok I understand.. But if it was my horse, and I really wanted to sell, I'd put some effort in it to get that video and I would not trouble the buyer with that, if I;m honest

Jumper_SoCal

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter : 04-02-11 21:46

stef schreef:
Ok I understand.. But if it was my horse, and I really wanted to sell, I'd put some effort in it to get that video and I would not trouble the buyer with that, if I;m honest

True, I think I'm more zealous about the colt than she is about selling off some stock!

To try and find a Clinton colt in the USA is extremely difficult, rare and EXPENSIVE! Overseas you are so lucky to have access to such top Olympic sires, I'm jealous!

Anya

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 04-02-11 21:51

It helps if you put the name of the town in the title. I'll call in the help of a moderator.
I live in the eastern part of the country, but Winterswijk is still not around the corner for me. So you need someone who lives there.

cissy

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 04-02-11 21:54

maybe a moderator can transfer your topic to a better part of the forum as 'paardenpraat', maybe 'diensten gezocht' is better suitable?

Jumper_SoCal

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter : 04-02-11 22:01

You guys would know best, I don't speak a word of Dutch... its been interesting to get around the forum site, although I seem to manage. I was recommended this forum from someone from horseandhound.co.uk

Anya

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 04-02-11 22:04

This is a rather big forum, so the chances of someone helping you are good. You'll just have to be patient. It may take a while. And be glad the colt is in the Netherlands. Because not all European residents understand english, most Dutch do :j

Akhal_Teke

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 04-02-11 22:21

Just a wild guess, but is this a colt that will be for hunting purposes?
I'm asking because there is a horseman that I know that lives in that area and he has hunting horses for sale.

Jumper_SoCal

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter : 04-02-11 22:37

Akhal_Teke schreef:
Just a wild guess, but is this a colt that will be for hunting purposes?
I'm asking because there is a horseman that I know that lives in that area and he has hunting horses for sale.

Show jumping, yes. I'm not sure what she intends for him other than to sell at this point. He's out of Clinton.

Cayenne
Crazy Bird Lady en onze Berichtenkampioen!

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 04-02-11 22:40

I know someone from Winterswijk and pointed her to this topic.
Not sure if she can help, but I can always ask :)

xMarieke

Re: Need some help from the Netherlands! (Winterswijk)

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 05-02-11 11:59

PP -> EA-GZ

locorette

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 05-02-11 21:22

I live in Winterswijk but I don't know if I can film the colt for you. Winterswijk is quite big and I have to go on my bicycle :o

anneliesdj

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 06-02-11 02:09

If you cant find anybody, I will help if you pay my expense, I dont live in Winterswijk you'll see.

Jumper_SoCal

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter : 13-02-11 22:10

stef schreef:

Ok so something weird just happened! Someone who lives nearby contacted me and said they could go film the colt for me, and now the owner is all pissed saying there will be no filming of the colt and she raised his price from $6k euro to 10k euro!!! Here is the last few emails we passed around:

Owner "I don’t have a video of the Clinton and I’m not able to make one because he is in a rearingfarm (I think that is the propper English word, he is there with other colts and they grow up together) kindergarten for horses! And that’s 100 km from here.

But if you are in Holland we can go there to see him.

I have video’s from the mother of the Clinton (Tess) on my website: http://www.onzetess.nl/videotess.html"

Me "What is the address where the colt is located? Is someone nearby who could show him, if I get someone from the area to come out and take video for me?"

Owner "I spoke the owner of the rearing farm and he will help to take the Colt out of the Group for filming. But he is very busy know with the Stallion show so he ask of it is possible to wait till 20 February, then he is not so busy anymore.

The location is Winterswijk. If you have somebody to take video, you can give him my emailadress .

I’m sory I can’t take video my self , It’s difficult for my to go there with 2 little children."

Me " I know you're probably very busy with your new baby! If you could give me the exact address and a contact email/phone number for the owner of the rearing farm so I can have someone go take video, that would be great! I will wait until after the 20th of February so he has time to help take out the colt. Thanks!"

Owner "There is probably a mis understanding.

I understand you knew someone in Holland to take the video for you.

Know I got an email of a total stranger, I don’t want that.

My husband also don’t understand why to take a video of a colt.

We have video’s of his mother and photo’s of the colt and his family on hour site and that will give you enough info if you want to come to see.

So no video’s.

The colt is now an yearling and he is doing very well so hour price is know 10.000 euro."

Me "This is what you said in your last email, "The location is Winterswijk. If you have somebody to take video, you can give him my emailadress ."

I found someone from Winterswijk to assist me in getting some video of the colt. I am from the USA, and cannot decide off 2 foal pictures and the dam video if the colt will make a good stallion prospect. A video is the only way I feel comfortable buying overseas and it also makes things a little uncomfortable that you won't make a video to help sell the colt. I have had several horses for sale and always had made video. That's fine if you are too busy, that's why I found someone in the area to do it for you. But if you won't let them take the video I do not feel comfortable buying him which is a bummer because I did like him."

Am I crazy or is there something just not right??

Jumper_SoCal

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter : 13-02-11 22:12

Please tell me whats going on with this seller?!!!

Annemeik

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 13-02-11 22:14

I think she doesn't want the fuss. So she's raised the price, so you'll think it will be too much.

Anya

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 13-02-11 22:22

I would not want to buy a colt from just a photo. Especialy since you live abroad. I would look a little bit longer and harder and not buy this colt. I wouldn't trust this.

Annemeik

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 13-02-11 22:26

If you don't mind to pay a little more, you can contact some stables who are used to selling to the states. Like:

http://www.reesinkhorses.nl/

They cán give you a video if you want to, because they take their custumers serieusly. And they are used to selling overseas so they know how to ship them.