Hoe kan iemand zo over paarden schrijven?

Moderators: balance, C_arola, Sica, Neonlight

Antwoord op onderwerpPlaats een reactie

Cassidy

Hoe kan iemand zo over paarden schrijven?

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter: 30-10-03 01:01

http://www.fieldandstream.com/fieldstre ... 44,00.html

Visie van een man op de Mustangs ("wilde paarden") in Amerika. Eindconclusie: paarden bij voorkeur op de BBQ. Je vraagt je af hoe die man in hemelsnaam zo'n haat tegen paarden kan ontwikkelen, heeft een paardeliefhebbende vriendin hem een keertje gedumpt omdat ze de vierbener beter te pruimen vond dan hem?

Je suis Charlie.

Toekie

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 30-10-03 01:05

Tsssss.....zielig hoor, als je zulke stukken tekst moet schrijven om je brood te verdienen ben je wel heel ver heen Doei, doei
Laatst bijgewerkt door Toekie op 30-10-03 01:06, in het totaal 1 keer bewerkt

Ob-la-di ob-la-da, life goes on... brah! :D

Kwanyin

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 30-10-03 01:05

euh... gewoon Amerikaanse humor ofzo Scheve mond Ik snap Amerikanen al jaren niet meer hoor, dit is weer zo een typisch geval van hersenloosheid.

I used to walk in a room full of people and wonder if they liked me.
Now I look around and wonder if I like them.

Cassidy

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter: 30-10-03 01:24

Ik denk niet dat dit Amerikaanse Humor is. Dit tijdschrift is voor Jagers, en ik denk dat die erg bang zijn dat er weinig meer te jagen valt als Mustangs het gras op lopen te eten wat anders voor de herten was geweest.

Je suis Charlie.

Yellowfish

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 30-10-03 17:42

Hmpf.. denk dat ze net zo hard op die mustangs schieten als op de hertjes t zal natuurlijk wel verboden zijn, maar jullie gaan mij niet vertellen dat het niet gebeurd !!

Pressure is what differentiates a piece of coal from a diamond

jessy

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 30-10-03 18:31

Nou, op het neerschieten van een Mustang staat een pittige federale gevangenisstraf (beschermde diersoort)... Anders zou meneertje triggerhappy zich waarschijnlijk ook niet zo druk maken & gewoon lekker knallen.

Rinske

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 30-10-03 19:17

Volgens mij is het stuk weggehaald, ik zie het iig niet meer staan Scheve mond

Ninla_

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 30-10-03 20:05

Ik zie het ook niet meer staan,maar jullie zo horen praten zal het ook wel geen leuk stukje geweest zijn!Zeker weten ja [hersenloosheid]:(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.shetz.tk

Midas,Love you!Kom je Zaterdag halen [Me eerste eigen pony!!! OK dan! )

Sommige roddels zijn te mooi om er geen realiteit van te maken

Feetje

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 30-10-03 20:39

Neerschieten die handel

Als iedereen aan zichzelf denkt wordt er aan iedereen gedacht ;)

Kwanyin

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 30-10-03 22:23

Cassidy schreef:
Ik denk niet dat dit Amerikaanse Humor is. Dit tijdschrift is voor Jagers, en ik denk dat die erg bang zijn dat er weinig meer te jagen valt als Mustangs het gras op lopen te eten wat anders voor de herten was geweest.

dan laten we gewoon die humor weg en maken we daar Amerikaanse cowboy hersenloosheid van Scheve mond

jessy

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 30-10-03 22:34

Heejj,
zullen we het Nederlandse anti-Amerikanisme niet meteen in z'n volle glorie tentoonspreiden? Toegegeven, het lijkt me een vervelende vent die dit stuk heeft geschreven, maar zijn nationaliteit is daar vast niet de oorzaak van.

Kwanyin

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 30-10-03 22:48

jessy schreef:
Heejj,
zullen we het Nederlandse anti-Amerikanisme niet meteen in z'n volle glorie tentoonspreiden? Toegegeven, het lijkt me een vervelende vent die dit stuk heeft geschreven, maar zijn nationaliteit is daar vast niet de oorzaak van.

nee hoor, dat is gewoon toevallig. Als hij datzelfde stuk hier in België had geschreven was hij voor mij een domme achterlijke Belg. En was het in China nog wel iets anders. Ik vind het juist jammer dat zulke mensen de Amerikaanse nationaliteit een slechte naam geven.

jessy

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 30-10-03 23:37

Is al goed Haha!

Voelde me al weer helemaal aangesproken... >;)

wenny

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 30-10-03 23:43

ik heb het ook niet zien staan
maar jullie reacties verklaren al genoeg

Cassidy

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter: 31-10-03 13:20

Op een ander forum werd er over deze column gesproken, mensen hebben de uitgever belaagd met brieven en mails.
Van de ene kant goed dat ze het hebben verwijderd, van de andere kant ook erg laf.
Als je de moed hebt om zoiets te plaatsten, sta er dan ook achter en laat het staan...

Je suis Charlie.

Cassidy

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter: 31-10-03 18:10

Op een ander messageboard had iemand het artikel gecopieerd.

Dit was wat er stond:

Horse (Non) Sense
Let's get practical about the "spirit of wildness."

by Thomas McIntyre

Have you ever smelled a horse? Instead of panting discreetly when overheated,
horses indulge in a grotesque bodily function termed lathering, the sickening aftermath of which makes the ruttiest whitetail buck smell like a splash of Paco Rabanne. And donkeys are, if possible, worse. Not that that's the real problem with horses and donkeys. Nor are they a concern on ranches and farms.

Privately owned horses can perform arguably useful tasks by being saddled and ridden into places where more reliable modes of transportation, such as pickup trucks, cannot venture. And they can be employed to pack gear and game (and inevitably to kick/bite/throw their riders, buck off their loads and gallop out of sight, and step headlong off trails and plummet into bottomless ravines).

As for donkeys, outside the bleaker quarters of the Third World, their primary value is to be bred with horses to produce the only sensible equine, the thankfully sterile mule.

No law, though, requires anybody to feed, shelter, and care for domestic horses and donkeys if he is not of a mind to. For "wild" horses and donkeys, on the other hand, there is precisely such a law, making them the responsibility of all of us, whether we wish to accept it or not.

The Range Was Not Home

Wild horses is an oxymoron. Wild equines did evolve in the Western Hemisphere, but they also started going extinct here millions of years ago. The last native, truly wild horses vanished from North America in advance of mammoths, camels, and even lumbering giant ground sloths.

The two species of so-called wild horse and donkey at large on our prairies, plains, and deserts today were never originally on this continent but are the result of Spaniards' and prospectors' losing their livestock-or cutting it loose to get rid of it. These feral horses and donkeys are about as wild as stray cats and park pigeons. Like many feral animals, they are whizzes at exploiting newfound habitats. As anyone who has ever followed a parade can testify, they are blessed with "straight-through" digestive systems that let them flourish on a high-fiber, low-nutrient diet. They can reproduce at an annual rate of 15 percent, potentially doubling their population every five years. And predators have never represented a threat: In the early 1800s, when it was seemingly possible to walk (rather briskly, to be sure) on the backs of wolves and grizzly bears from the Mississippi to the Pacific, feral horses were estimated to number 2 million.

As the West got won, however, those animals were caught and broken, or shot and eaten, or just shot. During the first half of the 20th century, government policy was pretty much one of eradicating feral horses and donkeys on federal land, with "mustanging" the accepted means. Mustanging involved using trucks and aircraft to herd the animals into pens, then shipping them to slaughter for pet food. (A very bad movie, The Misfits, was made about this. Its star, Clark Gable, died within weeks of the end of shooting, probably from acute embarrassment.)

Enter Wild Horse Annie
In the 1950s, a righteously indignant Nevada ranch wife, Velma B. Johnston, later known as "Wild Horse Annie," enlisted the aid of schoolchildren to rally support to outlaw motorized mustanging, which Congress did in 1959. The animals otherwise remained unprotected until, at the start of the '70s, perhaps as few as 10,000 inhabited the open range, with the genuine promise that they would disappear entirely.

Then in 1971, Richard M. Nixon, adding to his other official malfeasances,
signed something stirringly titled "The Wild Free-Roaming Horses and burros Act," solemnly and absurdly designating such animals to be "an integral part of the natural system of public lands," and granting them the kind of protection Hindu cows could only envy. And here the problem begins.

In short order the population exploded (the figure today stands at about 50,000 and counting). Congress had to revisit and amend its own law to permit the government to use motor vehicles, including helicopters, to gather excess feral horses and donkeys. The Bureau of Land Management now spends close to $20 million per year managing them. Every year, 7,500 horses are "adopted out" by the BLM at a cost to it of $2,000 per animal (those adopting pay $125).

Ironically, adoption threatens the genetic vigor of free-roaming herds as the most desirable animals are removed from the range. (The less desirable ones that are rounded up but go unadopted are fated to die in captivity.) In any case, adoption is inadequate to prevent feral horses from overpopulating. As for donkeys, they literally cannot be given away.

Today, on front yards in towns like Reno, you're likely to see more feral
horses than lawn jockeys. Feral horses and donkeys, because of their damnably efficient digestions, can wipe out feed for actual wild animals, such as bighorn sheep; they can monopolize water holes; and they carry a little something called dourine, an equine venereal disease marked by inflamed genitalia, skin lesions, and paralysis. Yet somehow these animals are thought to symbolize, as the museum curator and writer Dr. Charles R. Preston put it, "the spirit of wildness."

The Final Solution?

Some would have you believe that horses and donkeys are part of our Western heritage. Far from it-these feral animals are serious competitors with native wildlife and represent an unconscionable drain on the management resources of agencies such as the BLM. Therefore, the use of firearms (not adoption or preposterous schemes revolving around contraception) represents a sane method of reducing feral herds in key habitats.

Nor would those equines have to go to waste. Back in Wild Horse Annie's day, tiny Bullhead City, Arizona, hosted thousands of visitors at an annual event in which a luau pit was dug in a vacant lot and 35 dressed feral donkeys were slapped onto the barbecue. It's an idea whose time may have come again. Maybe the best way of honoring the true spirit of wildness would be with a slab of grilled horse or donkey ribs and a side of baked beans.

Je suis Charlie.

Cassidy

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter: 31-10-03 18:17

Je suis Charlie.

Sando

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 31-10-03 20:10

Maybe the best way of honoring the true spirit of wildness would be with a slab of grilled horse or donkey ribs and a side of baked beans.

tsss.... you`ve got to be kidding me...
Heb het stuk gelezen. Ben altijd in voor een pittige discussie met iemand.
Maar dit is niet eens een discussie waard met zo`n Frikandel !
Laatst bijgewerkt door Sando op 31-10-03 20:12, in het totaal 1 keer bewerkt

Sando

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 31-10-03 20:11

Antwoord op onderwerpPlaats een reactie