recept met een verhaal erbij... :D

Moderators: NadjaNadja, Essie73, Muiz, Maureen95, Firelight

Antwoord op onderwerpPlaats een reactie

leentje

recept met een verhaal erbij... :D

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter: 19-03-03 12:00

Ik ben persoonlijk van mening dat deze dame haar afrekening beter had moeten nakijken vooraleer ze die ondertekende in dat café, en dat ze dus nu niet meer op een terugbetaling hoeft te rekenen, maar ik wilde jullie het niet onthouden Haha!

Citaat:
The Neiman-Marcus Cookie

My daughter and I had just finished a salad at a Neiman-Marcus Café
in Dallas, and we decided to have a small dessert. Because both of us are such cookie lovers, we decided to try the "Neiman-Marcus cookie. It was so excellent that Iasked if they would give me the recipe, and the waitress said with a small frown, "I'm afraid not, but you can buy the recipe." Well, I asked how much, and she responded, "Only two fifty, it's a great deal!" I agreed to that, and told her to just add it to my tab.

Thirty days later, I received my VISA statement, and the Neiman-Marcus charge was $285.00! I looked again, and I remembered I had only spent $9.95 for two salads and about $20.00 for a scarf. As I glanced at the bottom of the statement, it said,
"Cookie Recipe-$250.00". That was outrageous! I called Neiman Marcus Accounting Department and told them the waitress said it was "two fifty", which
clearly does not mean "two hundred and fifty dollars" by any reasonable
interpretation of the phrase. Neiman-Marcus refused to budge. They would not
refund my money because, according to them, "What the waitress told you is not our
problem. You have already seen the recipe. We absolutely will not refund your
money at this point." I explained to the Accounting Department lady the criminal statues which govern fraud in the state of Texas. I threatened to report them to the Better Business Bureau and the Texas Attorney General's office for engaging in fraud. I was basically told, "Do what you want. Don't bother thinking of how you can get even, and don't bother trying to get any of your money back." I just said, "Okay, you folks got my $250, and now I'm going to have $250 worth of fun." I told her that I was going to see to it that every cookie lover in the United States with an email account has a $250 cookie recipe from Neiman-Marcus...for free! She replied, "I wish you wouldn't do this." I said, "Well, perhaps you should have thought of that
before you ripped me off!" and slammed down the phone.

So here it is! Please, please, please pass it on to everyone you can possibly think of. I paid $250 for this, and I don't want Neiman-Marcus to EVER make another penny off of this recipe!

NEIMAN-MARCUS COOKIES

1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
1 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups blended oatmeal
12 oz. chocolate chips
1 cups brown sugar
1 TBSP instant coffee
1/2 tsp. salt
1 4 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

* Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder.
* Cream the butter and both sugars.
* Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, coffee, oatmeal, salt,
powder, and soda.
* Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
* Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.

Makes 60 cookies.

PLEASE READ THE RECIPE AND SEND IT TO EVERY PERSON YOU
KNOW WHO HAS AN
E-MAIL ADDRESS!

THIS IS REALLY TERRIFIC!!

Have fun!!! This is not a joke-it's a true story.

nog een kleine opmerking, die 375° is in Fahrenheit, niet Celsius
dus je oven op ongeveer 190°C !!!

Best friends are the ones that can see the hurt in your eyes, when everyone else is fooled by your smile.

Nanouk

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 19-03-03 14:26

Koe Ja erg dom dat je je handtekening zet zonder te kijken waar je voor betaald!! Maar het is een grappig verhaal, heb je het recept al geprobeerd?

leentje

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter: 20-03-03 18:28

Nee maar enkele Amerikaanse vriendinnen hebben mij verzekerd dat ze "absolutely delicious" zijn, dus ik ga ze wel zo snel mogelijk eens proberen Haha!
ondertussen hebben ze me trouwens verteld dat het waarschijnlijk een broodje aap is (had ook al zo'n vermoeden, maar daarom kan ik het recept nog wel doorgeven he Knipoog )

Best friends are the ones that can see the hurt in your eyes, when everyone else is fooled by your smile.

Antwoord op onderwerpPlaats een reactie