Stallion suggestions for my mare

Moderators: C_arola, Coby, Nicole288, Dyonne

Antwoord op onderwerpPlaats een reactie

HierarchKWPN

Stallion suggestions for my mare

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter: 18-12-03 03:59

Can someone who can speak both Dutch and English translate this by any chance?

I am trying to decide who to breed my mare to in 2004. You all are always so helpful with everything else, and my other questions, I thought I would ask for a stallion suggestion!

I have a mare who is a grand-daughter of Sultan. Her sire is Charmeur (Sultan x Areina v. Ronco xx) Her dam is Rowillie (Porter x Kowillie v. Graaf Oregon).

I would like to get a horse good for dressage and jumping. The mare has more talent for jumping than dressage. She is a nice mover, with a good body, a super front (head/neck?), and has an excellent temperament. She is about 170cm.

I would like to find a stallion who has a lot of carrying power in the hind end, a very good canter, but is not too heavy in type (I think Ferro would be too heavy). I think she grew to be too tall too fast when she was young, so she is weak behind. Her four brothers are not weak like this, and the colt I have from Hierarch is VERY strong behind, and a better mover than his sire!

You can see photos at: www.imajica.net/elsie.html

Stallions I am thinking of:
Scandic
Roven xx
Rubels (I love him!!)
Mytens xx

Thanks everyone!

Liz AKA HierarchKWPN

Guinevere

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 18-12-03 07:03

Here's a rough translation:

Citaat:
Ik probeer te beslissen door wie ik mijn merrie zal laten dekken in 2004. Jullie zijn altijd zo hulpvaardig met alles, en mijn andere vragen, dus ik dacht dat ik om een suggestie voor een hengst zou vragen!

Ik heb een merrie die een kleindochter van Sultan is. Haar vader is Charmeur (Sultan x Areina v. Ronco xx). Haar moeder is Rowillie (Porter x Kowillie v. Graaf Oregon).

Ik wil graag een paard krijgen dat zowel geschikt is voor dressuur als voor springen. De merrie heeft meer talent voor springen, dan voor dressuur. Ze heeft mooie bewegingen, met een goede bouw, een super voorhand (hoofd/nek?) en een geweldig temperament. Ze is ongeveer 170cm.

Ik ben op zoek naar een hengst met veel draagkracht in de achterhand, een goede galop, maar niet te zwaar in type (ik denk dat Ferro te zwaar zou zijn). Ik denk dat ze toen ze jong was te snel te veel gegroeid is, dus haar achterhand is zwak. Haar vier broers hebben deze zwakte niet, en het veulen van dat ik van Hierach heb heeft een ERG sterke achterhand en beweegt beter dan zijn vader!

Je kunt foto's zien op: http://www.imajica.net/elsie.html

Hengsten waarover ik zit te denken:
Scandic
Roven xx
Rubels (Ik vind hem geweldig!!)
Mytens xx

Alvast bedankt!

I put a couple of things in italics because I either wasn't sure what you meant, or I just didn't know how to translate it.

1. When you say she has a good body ... do you mean she has a nice build or a good body? (Not sure there's a difference, but anyway Knipoog)
2. What's a super front (head/neck?)? Are you trying to say she has a nice head & neck, but you're not sure what to call it? Or is her whole front (head, neck, shoulders and forelegs) very nice, in particular the head and neck?
3. I don't know what you mean by carrying power, so I just gave you a direct translation. It's a word commonly used when talking about hindquarters, so it could be the right word, but it's probably best to ask someone else about that.

Good luck deciding on a stallion for your girl. She sure is pretty! Kwijl

Kerstmuts

ibikus

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 18-12-03 07:50

I think you shouldnt pick Scandic,
the chance that youre mare wil give birth to a foal is small, i think you will get a buffalo *LOL* Knipoog

Roven is a good option *LOL*
The mare can use some 'blood' in my opinion.

petraaken

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 18-12-03 07:57

I think that a Stallion with Rubinstein I blood in would match fine too. Most of the Rubinstein I son's can jump good too although there strongest point is dressage. KWPN has several son of grandson's off Rubinstein I even the NRPS has Rubinstein I blood.

ibikus

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 18-12-03 08:36

Rubinstein needs also much blood, unless you like a more old-fashioned horse.

jacobien

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 18-12-03 09:00

Rousseau !

gomir

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 18-12-03 10:41

I think Roven xx is a good choice for this mare

Above someone is suggesting a Rubinstein-son. You could think of Rubiquil(rubinstein x roemer), but there is a little risk that the foal will be a bit heavy. (I've seen just one heavy child from him, the rest was nice)
More information about this stallion can you find on www.stalhexagon.nl
(also in english)

*Niet elke verandering is een verslechtering!*
*Ze is niet bang voor de dood, maar als de dood om bang te zijn...(Guido Weijers-Oxymoron)*
*Als je bent waar je heen ging, waar moet je dan naar toe? (veldhuis & Kemper-tijd heelt alle zonden)*

petraaken

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 18-12-03 12:00

I was more thinking about OO seven. But HierachKWPN if you wanna see a son of Rubiquil watch my profile. I've put a picture of my 2001 foal from Rubiquil on it. He's now 2,5 years old and comes from a Ravel STV x Uniform x Variant mother. His owners are the Hexagon stable. So far no picture of him on there website.

Loucky

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 18-12-03 19:24

Choosing a stallion from Europe is not so easy in the USA, since you need to use frozen semen for export. A lot of KWPNstallions do not have frozen semen for export, so your choice is limited.Many stallionowners do not want to put their stallions into quarantine for collection of semen for export.Some stallionowners are able to ship frozen semen, mostly from the jumperbloodlines and only a few from dressagehorses.The best is to put your question on a forum in the USA and see what they are advising.

Peterina

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 07-01-04 20:48

You should also consider 'Saros van 't Gestelhof' ... elite pedigree, outstanding reports and achievements, breeds elegantly well-built foals with extremely good characters. As he is homozygot for black he usually give dark coloured foals.
For more informatie check is site: www.gestelhof.be

Rinske

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 07-01-04 21:03

I don't know if you want a KWPN foal, because Saros van 't Gestelhof is not KPWN approved.
Jacobien, I immidiately thought about Rousseau too! He gives great foals. Not too heavy, and great moves. I think there would be frozen semen of him.

Aimee

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 07-01-04 22:26

Rafürstinels, the father of Rubels and son of Rubinstein. He has a verry, verry strong hind-leg. Or Diamond hit, half-brother to Sandro hit and son of Donnerhall. I've read he gives a stronger hind-leg than his half-brother.....

I did a little research in the pedigree of your mare. I found two times the mare Areina, when you follow her offspring, you can find the stallion Justice v. Cocktail. You can find him here: www.pheasantridgewarmbloods.ca/frames.htm

Go to Stallions and you will find him. I don't no anything about him, he's just more in your "neighbourhood" Haha! and can be an option for your mare.

Alles gaat weg! Nieuw LeMieux dekje, Veredus beschermers, drie keer gedragen Juuls wedstrijdjasje, Döbert en Stübben hoofdstellen, Neue Schule en andere bitten, Trust flexi watertrens, dekens, Schleese dressuursingels.

Peterina

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 08-01-04 11:35

Rinske, I do know where you get your information from but Saros's foals are excepted by and can be registered with the following:
BWP - KWPN - Westfalen - Zangersheide en S.B.S.

ART_UMA

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 08-01-04 12:12

If the foal must be KWPN, then you might consider linebreeding to EROS (dame = Areina) with stallions like Junior STV or Uniform although they are more dressage then jumping stallions.

If not KWPN, there is a nice stallion Drakdream linebred twice to Areina (Donnerhall x Sion), Sion is also from Sultan. He will start GP dressage this year.
There is a lot of choice in Donnerhall sons, like Del Piero (Donnerhall x Matcho) available with Hilltop farm i think, if you want to try the same kind of combination. Most Donnerhalls have good gaits and Matcho AA is a allround sport horse with a good jump and gallop (gives it to its offspring)

Titsia

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 08-01-04 14:27

Peterina schreef:
You should also consider 'Saros van 't Gestelhof' ... elite pedigree, outstanding reports and achievements, breeds elegantly well-built foals with extremely good characters. As he is homozygot for black he usually give dark coloured foals.
For more informatie check is site: www.gestelhof.be

dacht ik ook te zeggen, hij heeft echt een superkarakter, ga het niet in het engels schrijven want dat is niet mijn sterkste vak, toch niet als het over paardentermen gaat.

Als je faalt, ben je misschien teleurgesteld, maar je bent gedoemd als je het niet probeert.
RIP San Giorgio 24/03/2008-30/11/2009

Donja

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 08-01-04 19:44

You said that you want a foal for dressage and jumping.
In this case you need an allround stallion, or a stallion that himself is bred allround.
My first choice would be Saros van het Gestelhof (like some others here) I saw last year a couple excellent foals of hem!! with KWPN papers!
He has a perfect character, is bred for jumping, but is an excellent dressage horse. His hight is 1.75m, I don't know if you want a to breed a foal that's going to be over 1.70m?

Donja, mijn maatje, 23 mei 1983 - 7 november 2008
Ons dierenpension http://www.dierenpensionloge.nl

Franske

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 08-01-04 19:51

Hey Liz, didn't know you were on this forum, I've got the Hierarch inside that you saw last year Knipoog Looking good.

Anyways, maybe Rubiquil, wouldn't be that bad.

Anoniem

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 08-01-04 19:54

petraaken

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 09-01-04 08:13

Franske schreef:
Hey Liz, didn't know you were on this forum, I've got the Hierarch inside that you saw last year Knipoog Looking good.

Anyways, maybe Rubiquil, wouldn't be that bad.

I think that the biggest problem would be frozen semen. As far as I know there isn't any frozen semen of Rubiquil. Or this must be changed in 2003 since Rubiquil hasn't be doing any competition that year.

Watch my profile for two Rubiquil offsprings of my mares.

Antwoord op onderwerpPlaats een reactie