AQHA petitie

Moderators: C_arola, Coby, Nicole288, Dyonne

Toevoegen aan eigen berichten

horseplay

AQHA petitie

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter : 31-12-03 11:40

Voor degenen die geïnteresseerd zijn (en AQHA leden zijn..), heb ik het volgende via email ontvangen:

Citaat:
I'd like to take a moment to encourage you to go sign the online
petition to support AQHA's stand to:

1. Rule 227 will be amended making foals of calendar year 2006 and after ineligible for registration if they are descendants of the stallion Impressive, AQHA Number 0767246, and found to be HYPP positive (H/H).

2. Additionally, Rule 227 will be amended to provide that foals of 2010 and later that are found to be HYPP (N/H) will only be eligible for registration as geldings or non-breeding mares.

Here's the petition addy:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?hyppnn

While I'm reminding, emails need to be sent to the AQHA President,
Board of Directors, & Gary Griffith prior to Dec 31st also. Snail mail letters need to be mailed pronto!

The petition signing, along w/the letter, & email writing can only be
done by AQHA members. If you have friends who are members, encourage them to sign the petition, & write emails. Again, we're up against a hard deadline.

For those of you not in the know, HYPP stands for a genetic defect which can lead to paralysis, seizures, uncontrolled muscle twitching, or profound muscle weakness, & in severe cases, may lead to collapse & / or death. It only stems from the bloodline of one horse who carried the mutated gene.

The folks who are for the HYPP positive horses to be allowed to continue to breed are a strong force, w/lots of financial backing. Mostly halter folks.... They would prefer to be left alone, but in lieu of that, they are wanting to alter the 2010 deadline to 2024.

It's ridiculous to continue breeding a genetic defect that can cause so much pain, & anguish to the horse.

The dilemma, as I see it, is that it is not just a QH problem anymore. This disease, thru breeding, has spilled over into other breed registries - Paint, Arab, Appaloosas just to name a few.

Take a moment, sign the petition, & write a few emails.

I hope you will stand up for what is right, & important for the integrity of the American Quarter Horse Association, & most importantly, the horse himself.

franny

"show me your horse and I will tell you who you are"

Cassidy

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 31-12-03 11:41

Zie ook: [WN] HYPP N/N Alliance

Je hoeft niet perse AQHA lid te zijn, HYPP komt intussen in andere rassen ook voor (Paint, Appaloosa enz)

DubbelFun

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 31-12-03 18:50

Item is opgenomen in ander topic.