TRAINING SCHEDULE

Moderators: C_arola, Coby, Nicole288, Dyonne

Toevoegen aan eigen berichten

pleasurequeen

TRAINING SCHEDULE

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter : 04-02-02 01:53

i wanted to know how your training schedule is when you start a horse how you start them

DubbelFun

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 04-02-02 09:54

Hello Pleasurequeen,

Welcom to this forum. How did you find us since we are a Dutch forum??

Because I'm not much of a trainingperson I hope one of the others members will answer your question although it is rather a broad question to answer. Perhap you could narrow it down a bit to a specific item.

Sprite

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 05-02-02 03:09

My thoughts exactly Sugar...

Hi pleasurequeen Lachen
... tell me about your interests... 'training rodeo showing'? Is that what you do?

vikki

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 05-02-02 09:12

Okay, what pleasurequeen means is at what age everybody thinks you should start a horse, in other words: at what age do you first saddle a young horse, when do you first mount and ride a young horse and how do you build up a training schedule for the horse. In other words, can you describe your way of training from foal up to fully trained adult horse and say when about you start doing which things. Party!! I can't really aleborate on the subject because I have never had a young horse, but hopefully some of you can share your experiences with younger horses.

DubbelFun

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 05-02-02 11:19

And it's good for our english too *LOL*

Vera

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 05-02-02 13:11

There's not al lot of response to your question.....

Maybe due to the fact that every horse is different and therefore every training schedule is different?
Could you be a little more specific on what you would like to know? Lachen

XoNo

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 05-02-02 14:37

Maybe we could give you some advice if you told us a little bit more about the horse this all comes down to. We cannot make this schedule for you, but maybe we could be of service with a little bit of advice. Frankly, I find it hard to believe there's no one on this forum who hasn't trained his own horse.

seapy

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 05-02-02 20:46

Well ehhhh I trained my own young horse but my english is very bad. I begin at the age of a couple of weeks. Learn the filly the command whoo and that sort of things, you know. At the age of 2 I work him a little bit in the round penn. If that is going well I put a saddle on his back and at the age of 2.5 I ride him. But as every body says look at your horse to see what kind of work he can do. With stallions you begin mostly earlyer (?)than with the mares. My horse have now reach the age of 3 and he stops a little bit, make some turn arounds and change leads. Thats my program. Most people begin later with there horse, but the profs begin at the age of 14 months to put a saddle on the back. In the pro pleasure they have shows for 2 year olds so they begin early. bye bye

XoNo

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 05-02-02 21:01

seapy schreef:
Well ehhhh I trained my own young horse but my english is very bad.

I think it's ok Lachen

DubbelFun

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 05-02-02 23:04

Seapy: je engels is best goed hoor Haha! , maar even om een beetje te pesten *LOL* In jouw paard op zijn 2e jaar ineens van sex veranderd??? Haha!

Filly = merrietje / colt = hengstje

XoNo

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 05-02-02 23:06

Nou pleasurequeen laat meteen niets meer van zich horen Haha!

seapy

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 07-02-02 22:00

Sugarmiss schreef:
Seapy: je engels is best goed hoor Haha! , maar even om een beetje te pesten *LOL* In jouw paard op zijn 2e jaar ineens van sex veranderd??? Haha!

Filly = merrietje / colt = hengstje

Ja maar ik heb 2 paardjes Haha!