Interesse voor 'overseas' New Zealand horsemanship clinic?

Moderators: NadjaNadja, Essie73, Muiz, Maureen95, Firelight

Toevoegen aan eigen berichten

Tumvum

Interesse voor 'overseas' New Zealand horsemanship clinic?

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter : 16-09-17 12:22

Hallo bokkers!

Hoop dat dit bericht hier goed staat. :)
Ik ben momenteel in Nieuw Zeeland en werk voor een geweldige dame, Ellen Bennett, haar grote passie is paarden, om precies te zijn: horsemanship. Ze doet dit al 25 jaar en ze is fantastisch met paarden! Ze runt een 1000 acres farm, 35 paarden & ze geeft clinics in NZ & heeft afgelopen jaar een grote Europa-tour gehad. Volgend jaar staat Europa weer op de planning, en ik ben aan het rondkijken naar de opties voor Nederland. Nou hoopte ik dat bokt mij daarbij kan helpen! Dus: mocht ik een clinic organiseren in Nederland, zijn er hier bokkers voor geinteresseerd?

Wat meer informatie over deze fantastische vrouw is natuurlijk handig. Alle informatie die je nodig hebt is in principe te vinden op:
Haar website: http://www.ellenbennetthorsemanship.com/
Youtube-kanaal: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC90iXBXBr-GuE5zjjUk-iXA.
Of haar facebook: 'Ellen Bennett Horsemanship'.

Een quote:

'What I am looking for is a real connection. In order to ride a horse or do anything with a horse you have to make a relationship with the horse. The first step I take is working with the horse at liberty and using horsemanship and classical equitation exercises to help the horse realize that it can understand what I am asking.
At this stage, I am not teaching the horse anything and am not concerned about the outcome of the exercises; rather, the exercises are simply a tool to help the horse realize that it is capable of thinking and stepping outside of habitual reaction patterns. When working with a horse, what I look for is to see that the horse is thinking about what I am communicating, and then trying to respond to my request. I am looking for the moment where the horse stops and thinks, which is the beginning of a two-way communication. Most horses just react, using behavioral patterns they have learned over the years as soon as I talk to them.
Once the relationship has been built and a connection has been formed, a lot of the issues and problems the horse has fall away.
When working with horse owners, I pay close attention to the ways that the horse and person are interacting in any given moment. It is really important to me to support the owner in developing a deeper connection and awareness surrounding his or her horse. During sessions, my goal is to help owners to deepen the communication that is taking place with their horse, and to develop a feel surrounding whether the horse is thinking or reacting habitually. Once this connection is established, it paves the way to work through any residual issues the owners have with their horse.
As their feel deepens, owners realize the potential of their relationship and connection with their horse, and this realization fundamentally shifts their riding, showing, and all other activities they engage in.'

Ik ben erg benieuwd, hoop op een aantal reacties, ik denk dat dit een unieke kans is voor Nederland! :)

rina

Re: Interesse voor 'overseas' New Zealand horsemanship clinic?

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 16-09-17 12:26

Neem eens contact op met de manege van Den Ham. Die organiseren vaker clinics. Warwick Schiller is vorig jaar daar nog geweest.

Tumvum

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst door de TopicStarter : 18-09-17 11:41

rina schreef:
Neem eens contact op met de manege van Den Ham. Die organiseren vaker clinics. Warwick Schiller is vorig jaar daar nog geweest.

Bedankt voor de tip, ga ik zeker doen!

Jannepauli

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 18-09-17 11:46

Afhankelijk van de periode wanneer ze naar Europa komt, zou je de organisatie van Horse Event kunnen benaderen. Ik heb dat in het verleden voor anderen wel gedaan en dat leverde leuke clinics op!

Caira

Link naar dit bericht Geplaatst: 18-09-17 11:49

Of equiday